Following the latest government update on 3 June, we have updated our guidelines. Please note that at present only club members may use the courts.
Guidance for club members
Here is a summary of the key points which we must observe:
- Doubles can be played with players from different households providing 2 meter social distancing is maintained
- To help maintain social distancing the LTA have recommended that players agree in advance who will take the shot for balls down the middle of the court
- Balls no longer have to be only used by the owner and marked. Balls can be shared but care should be taken not to touch the face during play and to hand sanitise immediately after play
- In addition to 1:1 coaching small group work with up to 5 players plus a coach can recommence. Ryan is currently considering how he will move forward on this and will be in touch with Juniors/Parents in due course
- We will continue to keep the clubhouse closed at this stage. Toilets are available at the recreation ground entry gate by the swimming pool and water is available from the outside tap at the clubhouse.
- The first aid kit is outside the clubhouse if needed as is the cash box for visitors fees. We are chasing up the delivery of a proper hand sanitiser dispenser but in the meantime have a small bottle available for use on entering through the gate and on leaving after play.
- Courts still need to be booked through Clubspark so we don’t have too many people around at any time and for this reason we will not be starting Club Night sessions at this stage.
Please take note of the above points and do everything you can to follow the new rules. A useful graphic produced by the LTA can been seen below.
We were due to send out Membership Renewal details for the start of our membership year on 1st April. As the club has been closed we will effectively “roll over” membership for the time being and will aim to send renewal information out for a 1st June year start, but obviously we will review this as time goes on.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club has decided due to the outbreak of COVID-19 that the Championships will be cancelled. New Ballots will be held in 2021, and unfortunately, all those who had been allocated tickets in 2020 ballots will receive a refund and their tickets will be made void. The AELTC will communicate to members individually.
Please do everything you can to stay safe and well and we look forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible.