club standards & policies
MAKING TENNIS SAFE AND OPEN TO ALL
All British Tennis Registered Venues are required to meet five minimum standards as part of their British Tennis Venue Registration. This helps support Bovey Tracey Lawn Tennis Club in creating a safe, accessible, enjoyable and welcoming environment for everyone.
With this accreditation, Bovey Tracey Lawn Tennis Club will be playing its part in making the sport a safe, secure, accessible and welcoming environment for all. The Club will be confident that it is meeting duty of care obligations for those playing, socialising, working or volunteering at the Club.
The Club will be entitled to exclusive benefits – most importantly Public Liability Insurance, LTA funding support, access to the ClubSpark booking system and entry to the Wimbledon Ballot.
Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
Diversity and Inclusion Policy including Code of Conduct and Reporting Procedure
Criminal Record Check
BOVEY TRACEY LAWN TENNIS CLUB DATA POLICY
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Bovey Tracey Lawn Tennis Club (“BTLTC”) of Newton Road, Bovey Tracey.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, when you provide information or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons);
- From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member);
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about GMLTC).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es), records of communications and interactions we have had with you), date of birth and playing ability / interests;
- Financial information, (which may include Direct Debit details should we offer that payment option);
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other BTLTC facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a social event or a course/camp.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of BTLTC membership, including:
informing you about BTLCT policies and rules, court / facilities opening hours;
- taking payment of membership fees;
- Providing BTLTC members (via a downloadable Excel spreadsheet) with contact details (name, phone numbers, email, membership category) of other members to facilitate team and social match play. This data must not be used for any other purpose by members, for example, but not limited to, making commercial offers, promoting business interests or charitable activities.
- Administration of the Wimbledon ballot;
- Where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership) with you;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis at BTLTC;
- Communication about BTLTC news and activities that we think may be of interest to you
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of BTLTC. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable);
- Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can decide not to receive the Newsletter (although we may still use the Newsletter for essential service communications) or other non-essential service communications and can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Post: Membership Secretary, Bovey Tracey Lawn Tennis Club, Newton Road, Bovey Tracey, TQ13 9BY
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits and services to which you are entitled.
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, and any provider of membership management services, court booking and website services
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Venue membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by telephone: 07790 642028
or by post: Melanie Kempson, Data Protection Manager, Bovey Tracey Lawn Tennis Club, Newton Road, Bovey Tracey, TQ13 9BX
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.